2017 Orthodox Women’s Retreat
The ladies of St. Peter, Holy Trinity – St. John the Theologian, and Holy Resurrection Orthodox Churches invite you to a retreat for women on Saturday, November 4th, 2017, at Holy Trinity – St. John the Theologian Greek Orthodox Church, Jackson, Ms. We are blessed to have as our guest speaker Father Barnabas Powell of Saints Raphael, Nicholas, and Irene Greek Orthodox Church in Cumming, Georgia.
Father Barnabas Powell
Taming the Passions: The Orthodox Lifestyle of Freedom
The Orthodox Faith offers us a way of life that makes our desires our servants rather than our masters. With our passions tamed and useful, we become the people God has created us to be: Like Him and free to enjoy Him forever. This Orthodox way of life is a lifelong spiritual journey that protects us from the intoxicating lies that so easily entangle us and blind us to God’s love and mercy.
- When: Saturday, November 4, 2017
- Where: Holy Trinity – St. John the Theologian Greek Orthodox Church, 5725 Pear Orchard Rd, Jackson, MS 39211 – Directions
- Registration Time: 9:00 a.m.
- Cost: The fee for the retreat is $25.00 and must be mailed in with your registration form by November 1. This fee includes a continental breakfast and lunch. Information on scholarships is on the registration form.
- Phone: Holy Trinity – St. John the Theologian Greek Orthodox Church (601) 355-6325
- Please see the registration form for additional information.
- About Fr. Barnabas